Bee, Cass, and Social Media Intern Asha head to the Families Belong Together Rally to interview actual humans who believe that children should not be separated from their parents and held in “detention” centers. Also, some sounds from speeches, songs, etc. Humanity prevails, and people still care. Recorded June 30, 2018.
A continuation from episode 2 (we had a lot of rage to disperse), in which we talk with Chief Engineer Quinn about racism, Charlottesville, Israel, and hate crimes. Just trying to find our way down the dragon hole of charged topics – without tiki torches to light our way.
All music courtesy of Quinn, and one of his many bands!
June 19, 2018
We had set out to talk about connection this week, and we do get there eventually. Children in cages at the Southern Border seemed more important right now. Recorded the day before Trump called a mulligan, but his EO may have made things worse.
If you’re as outraged as we are, please find the phone numbers below. It’s our duty as American citizens to voice our concerns and opinions.
- The U.S. Dept. of Justice comment line: (202) 282-8000
- White House comment line: (202) 456-1111
- The U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security / ICE comment line: (202) 282-8000
June 13, 2018
In this week’s episode we start to dig in and get comfortable with the business of podcasting. Introductions are made, dogs bark, zippers zip and a whole landscape of rough edges are exposed. Also, we chit chat about internet privacy, stalkers, and the glaring lack of anonymity and ethics in American society today. Please find the references below:
- The link to our podcast! https://www.podomatic.com/embed/html5/podcast/5792556?style=normal&autoplay=false
- Quinn’s Word of the Week: Littie adj.- “Fun. This party is lit, this podcast is lit. We’re littie”
- Facebook peeping on our messages – http://www.techtimes.com/articles/224502/20180405/facebook-revealed-that-it-is-reading-messages-and-people-are-freaking-out.htm
- Terry Gross interview with James Comey – https://www.npr.org/2018/04/17/602849276/james-comey-to-fresh-air-the-fbi-isnt-on-anybodys-side
Next week we’ll talk about connection – and see if we can smooth things out a bit.
Thanks for joining us!
Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. — Izaak Walton